Sunday, September 6, 2009

Home Security


  1. I've wanted something like that forever.....pretty sure the missus won't let me put it up :D

  2. Love it!

    And ah, the memories ... my hubby made me one of these with an MP5 the first time we went to the range together ...

  3. Decisions, decisions...the 870 delivery of double-o buck on a perp in a SureFire glow, or the 230 grain Hydra-Shoks? Or maybe some green laser directed 62 gr green-tips from the AR. Better decide soon. Oh, heck, I'll go with the 870. That center of mass package never fails.

  4. Ha ha, the smiley face is a nice touch! Although I think he should be frowning, what with all that aeration in his midsection... ;)

  5. I always liked the signs that said "Never mind the dog, BEWARE THE OWNER!".

  6. I actually taped my CHL qualification target to the exterior of my apartment door after I first completed the course. While the manager agreed it was an effective statement, she nonetheless asked me to take it down. Something about incitement and liability.

    I've since come to the conclusion that displaying the target immediately inside the door would likely be even more effective because of the (OK, not exactly) subtle nature of the message. I qualify again next year, I'll give it a try then. :)

    w/v: rifable - an affable rifle (well, probably not "man" on this blog) ... shooter.

  7. Good one! But I agree with Miz Minka, he should be frowning. lol

  8. Will Brown, I have a target posted on the wall of my home office showing a nice 3" group from my .45 at 10 yards.

    My wife has one as well when she was shooting my S&W M13. She won't frame it on her wall, though, but she still has it in her closet.

  9. I practise the smily face makes me smile.
    Great post.

    See Ya

  10. LOVE IT! I have to earn me one of those. My cheeks are sore from smiling so hard.

  11. You're hired! Can you start tomorrow? Oh, and bring food.

  12. I don't know...50" Vizio plasma...that's a tough one...;-)

  13. That's exactly what I need to put above the mantle on my fireplace...
    but wait, I don't have a mantle nor a fireplace either. Well, shucks, I guess I'll just put it on my wall! I'll go for the frown on mine!

  14. Although the following may not be new to you or your regular readers, it tracks well with several of your recent posts. I read it for the first time this week in the e-mail newsletter I receive from the US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). Profound wisdom!

    The Defender's Creed
    By: John Farnam

    I accept and understand that human predators exist. Criminal or terrorist, they take advantage of our civilized society to prey upon the weak. They represent evil and must be confronted and defeated.

    I believe that self-defense is a moral imperative, and that illegitimate force and illegal violence must be met with righteous indignation and superior violence.

    I will not rely on others for the security of myself, my family and my community.

    I proudly proclaim that I run with a like-minded pack. I do not amble through life with the mind-numbed herd.

    I will train with my chosen weapons, maintain them and carry them in a condition of readiness at all times.

    I will be mentally prepared and physically equipped to effectively respond to an attack or emergency.

    I will constantly test myself against realistic standards to discover my strengths and weaknesses. I will turn weakness into strength.

    I will seek to learn new skills and techniques, and then teach what I have learned to other members of the pack.

    Be it with firearm or blade, empty hand or blunt object, I will hit my enemies hard, fast and true.

    I will live a quiet and unobtrusive life, but I will develop and retain the capacity for swift and decisive violence.

    I recognize that I am the modern equivalent of the traditional Minuteman, and that I may be called to service at any time against heavily armed enemies. I will respond effectively.

    I accept that I am a pariah among some of my countrymen, and a quaint anachronism to others. I will not hold their ignorance against them.

    I will win, or die trying.

    I swear this creed before God, my family and my fellow citizens.

    John Farnam is an internationally acclaimed firearms instructor, and the author of three books and numerous articles. You can visit his website at:


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..