Monday, February 8, 2010

To the Waters and the Wild and Home Again

Come away, O human child: To the waters and the wild with a fairy, hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
William Butler Yeats

One last day.


  1. agus sonas.

    Safe journey home; may you keep a bit o' the auld sod forever in your heart.

  2. Fáilte Abhaile cailín deas

  3. I love that song, although I have only heard loreena mckennitt's remake of it, never the original.

    One person's home can be another person's fairy tale land. I am looking forward to my backpacking trip into northern Montana this summer... a trip I have always dreamed of since a child.

  4. I doubt I'll ever see that land with my own eyes. Thanks for sharing your experience.

  5. Thank you for sharing your voyage of discovery & healing with us. We are richer for the experience, even if only seen through another's eyes.

  6. I'm glad you're headed home, and sorry that you had to leave.

    Nil aon tintean mar do thintean fein.

    There is no hearth like your own.

  7. Wine comes in at the mouth
    And love comes in at the eye;
    That's all we shall know for truth
    Before we grow old and die.
    I lift the glass to my mouth,
    I look at you, and I sigh.
    - W.B.Y.

    Safe journey home!


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..