Friday, March 25, 2011

Moving Weekend

The Range is sold and I'm packing up all kinds of stuff and moving it into my new digs. I'm going to rent for a while. I think the market could well tank further before it rebounds, so I didn't want to rush into buying another property. I have a nice little place that will suit me for now.


Midwest Chick and Mr. B. are showing up this weekend to help move all the shop and excess stuff into storage. Neighbors are collecting the cover charge to watch me ride my big riding mower up a ramp into the back of the truck (though I passed on jumping over 3 derelict Piper Tomahawks with it first). Several other local friends offered to help (thanks guys and gals!) but most of it is done already and I have Two Men and a Truck to move the remaining heavy stuff. Rangebuddy and family are watching Barkley until I'm all situated so the move for him is less stressful with his bed and toys and familiar smells already in place before he shows up. I think things are moving right along.
But I WILL have to check out the new bath before I hang pictures or do anything except sleep for about 11 hours. The large tub is calling my name.

18 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Glad to hear the sale went through - and glad you have help lined up. I pray everything proceeds smoothly, without mishaps.

RichD said...

Happy to hear everything went through. Congats on the new abode. Hope the move goes as painlessly as moves can. Take care.

Keads said...

I am so glad the sale went down without problems! It seems you have everything planned out as I would expect of you. I do however consider moving in the best of circumstances organized chaos.

Lois Evensen said...

It's great you were able to see and get something you would accept in this market. Good for you! And, good luck with the rest of the move. Enjoy that bath.

Lois

Mrs. S. said...

Now the fun begins. In what box is such-and-such stashed?
Enjoy the new bathroom. Not sure about the oval tub. It's pretty, but is it comfortable on the shoulders and back?
Hope Barkley enjoys his new home.

drjim said...

You're wise getting out now while you still have some equity.
The housing blogs and websites I frequent are predicting another 10~15% price drop in 2011. New housing starts are now officially lower than during the 4 years of the Great Depression.
I think this will come to be called the Great Depression II.
Congrats on finding a place that will let you keep Barkley!

john bord said...

Huffin n puffin.... bout the best i can do.... huff n puff for the hard workers.

Hope the move and future go where you aim.

Bob said...

Good luck on the house sale, Brigid.

I remember back in 1980 when my family moved from Florida to the Knoxville, Tennessee area, we would drive around on weekends looking at real estate listings; one day we passed a sign: FOR SALE/CHEROKEE CAVERNS! Looking at the property we could see that there was acreage, and a building backed onto a hill.

We didn't check into it, and the caverns sold eventually, but could you imagine the sort of home you could make with your own cavern in the basement?

stopsign said...

Hoping the rest of your move goes smooth.I too was admiring your tub,I'm also a tall person..Just can't beat a tub you can actually stretch out in.

Tango Juliet said...

As long as Barkley's happy, I'm happy.

Congrats on the new digs. I'm very happy for you and lil' Barkley.

Mark said...

Looking ahead, I hope fervently that you can see your way clear to staying in these parts.

Mark Alger

Marlowe said...

Real happy for you, Brigid. One less chronic nuisance.

HermitJim said...

Congratulations on the sale and the positive start of the move!

I do hope the transition is a smooth one!

Old NFO said...

Glad it went off... Now on to bigger and better (or smaller and lighter) as desire! Stay safe and enjoy the bath :-)

D.W. said...

Congrats on the move! Looks like you found a great new place.

Blue said...

Funny that you should mention Piper Trauma-Hawks. I learned to fly in one of those beauties....

Best of luck to you, B.

North said...

When you bring Barkley "Home" go everywhere he does in it. Explore with him. Pet him in every room. He will see immediately that this new place is home.

Larry said...

Looks decadent. Enjoy!