Saturday, March 5, 2011

When You Leave

This one is for my friend Borepatch, as his father slips away. UPDATE: Ted's Dad passed this weekend, please go on over to Borepatch's site for a wonderful read on his fathers life. Brigid

WHEN YOU LEAVE

When you leave, I'll become a tree,
lone on a hill, loving wind and free.
Growing as I wait for your return,
though years of lonely stars still burn.

Though I'll miss you, I will grow tall,
providing shelter to those so small.
As we gain in strength and breadth we'll sing,
reaching the sky with form and wing.

In each moment of every day,
branches clasped as though I pray.
Though not because I feel I sinned,
in finding life without you empty wind.


- Brigid

18 comments:

  1. Nice.

    Thank you for sharing this with all of us, Brigid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poignant and beautiful. Hate that it got so dusty in here while I was reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.

    My best wish go out to Borepatch.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're kind to think of Borepatch so.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful poem and you are a good heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem and sending prayers up for Borepatch and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very moving and prayers for Borepatch, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S.
    You are and have a good heart indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trees... Hmmm...

    Growing is forever
    http://vimeo.com/18305022

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences to Borepatch and his family.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..