Friday, April 15, 2011

Purchasing Power through Pastry


It's Buy a Gun Day (BAG).

I just wrote a $14,700 check two weeks ago to pay for the realtor and remaining taxes on the Range. I won't be buying any guns today and will have to make do with Vera, my trusty Wilson Combat Tactical.

Since I had the day off, and felt creative, I consoled myself with SAC (Snarf a Cupcake) Day.


Cupcakes ! Two kinds. Guinness Cupcakes and Chocolate Kahlua Cupcakes. Then I frosted some of each with two different frostings. A Baileys Irish Cream Buttercream and a Chocolate Kahlua Buttercream.

You start with basic Buttercream Frosting Base.

I doubled the recipe to make frosting for four dozen cupcakes. Half of the cupcakes with Baileys Irish Cream Buttercream and half with Kahlua Chocolate Buttercream. On either cupcake they both were divine (though I think I moaned when I bit into the Guinness Cupcake with the Chocolate Kahlua Frosting).


After preparing the frosting base, divide into two bowls. For Baileys buttercream add 3 tablespoons of Baileys to one bowl and beat until combined. For Chocolate Kahlua Buttercream add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 4 oz of melted semi-sweet chocolate and 3 tablespoons of Kahlua to the other bowl and beat until combined.

Now, what did I DO with these cupcakes. I delivered them to some male friends that I work and play with. They said "are these for us?" I said - " well one maybe, the rest are for your wives. Take them home a few and repeat after me".

"Honey, you are looking MUCH too skinny, here, have a couple cupcakes".

wait 10 minutes while the alcohol laced goodness settles.

"Can I buy a new gun?"

It's as simple as that.

21 comments:

  1. If I give you my address, will you send me some so I can try that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a day off! You need that.

    And the rest of us want to taste your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm weeping in need for one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy.. I`ve tried to do these http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apetitonline.cz%2Frecepty%2F1264-nejlepsi-kynute-buchty.html

    , first batch was excellent, second like a dwarf bread.

    Ha, Vera! What did you trade her for? I bet Jayne didn`t part with her easily.. or cheaply..

    ReplyDelete
  5. True confessions time: I'm allergic to chocolate (cue gasps from many) and those even look good to me. Yet once again you torture your readers with pictures of delectable goodies they'll never taste unless they're very, very fortunate.

    But such a sweet torture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It used to be, "You get a gun, I get a pair of shoes," but those days are long gone, at least for the foreseable future. (Luckily Converse has a "customize" section on their web-o-blag.)

    Now? It's, "You get a gun, I get a gun."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to have my wife make up a batch of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, yum! So many things I love in just a few bites. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buy a gun day? Darn, missed that, I sold one though, is that close enough?

    I don't have bailey's for the cupcake, would Guinness cake be good enough?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even for a fella, Those just look very Naughty and maybe even a bit Erotic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this one! Those cupcakes would sway anyone to your way of thinking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're killing my diet over here... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought a new 870 Tactical last Sunday. Does that count for BAG Day? :)

    Those cupcakes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need about 98 of those babies...to start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And if the wife is on prescription allergy medication, get the gun purchase permission in writing before she drifts off to la-la land. Because, she might not remember the conversation in the morning.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For BAG day I finally got that Delta Elite I have been wanting.

    I wouldn't say no to a cupcake though...

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did BAG day slip by without my noticing. It must have been subliminal because all day long yesterday as I was finishing my warm, loving, patriotic duty to give much of what I earn to my lazy, uneducated, welfare dependent fellow Americans during lulls in deduction searches I kept lusting and sublimating the desire to rush down to the gun shop and see if just maybe he had a S&W E-series 1911SC in stock. I don't need another 1911, but what's need got to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I dunno, I usually just buy my better half a gun, and occasionally she'll let me shoot it too. But cupcakes can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, synchronicity! I have Bailey's, I have Kahlua, I even have a chocolate liqueur from Costa Rica, so it's time to demonstrate around here that indeed, the best men are cooks!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet! I'm trying to limit the booze to the weekend, but a cupcake would be welcomed any time.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..