Saturday, March 31, 2012

Off I go

Can I take my favorite toy and your sock??

HOTR will be posting from Amish Country next week and beyond.

Two people who are not related by blood, but are my family, had a necessary trip to make, but no one to watch their homestead and animals (including a retriever). It looked like they wouldn't be able to go. So I volunteered.

I raised my hand to work on a tedius but necessary project with squirrel central in a virtual capacity for a few days. When that is done, I would use my leave time, since the long flight to see Dad is out for a few a couple more months (knee still not doing long sit times well).

A LEO friend is taking care of my place and Barkley is coming with me. By the time you read this I will be making a stop to play lumberjack this weekend with Midwest Chick and Mr. B. to take care of some downed timber with the Og family (warning, mayhem may ensue). Tonight, dinner with a few of my favorite people, with whatever pies she and I come up with this afternoon.

Repeat after me "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK. . "

Cheers!

15 comments:

  1. MAY ensue? Puleez...
    "I like to press wild flowers!"

    Video of the vanquishing of downed timber with group-sing is requested!

    Guffaw in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Granny and I'm OK....
    Pie did someone mention pie..
    Safe journey and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill the lumber, unlimber, sallies forth to confront the mills of wind.
    Have a good sojourn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, frolic and mayhem, not necessarily in that order. Enjoy, and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't wreck your knee with an axe, now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought your sock was barkleys favorite chew toy. Have a safe journey. Are you going with them to the gun show and Amish buffet? Take care and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this movie!

    Pretty young lady goes to house-sit a lonely farm for some friends...


    Don't go in the F&$%ing attic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sleep all night and I work all day...

    Have a good trip. Last time I went lumber-jacking, we almost detached my in-laws enclosed back deck using a pine tree. Ahh, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars". But on you it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I guess plaid flannel and beards are the fashion statement for the weekend...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun! I'm sure Barkley loves being part of the fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ich bin ein Holzfller und fhl mich stark
    Ich schlaf des Nachts und hack am Tag

    Er ist ein Holzfller und fhlt sich stark
    Er schlaft des Nachts und hackt am Tag

    Ich flle Bume, ich ess mein Brot
    Ich geh auf das WC
    Am Mittwoch geh ich shopping
    Kau kekse zum kaffee

    Er fllt die Bume er isst sein Brot
    Er geht auf das WC
    Am Mittwoch geht er shopping
    Kaut kekse zum kaffeev

    Er ist ein Holzfller und fhlt sich stark
    Er schlaft des Nachts und hackt am Tag

    Ich flle Bume und hupf und spring
    Steck Blumen in die Vas
    Ich schlupf in Fraukenleider
    Und lummel mich in Bars

    Er fllt Bume, er hupft und springt
    Steckt Blumen in die Vas
    Er schlupft in Fraukenleider
    Und lummelt sich in Bars...?

    Er ist ein Holzfller und fhlt sich stark
    Er schlaft des Nachts und hackt am Tag

    Ich flle Bume, trag Stockelschuh
    Und Strumpf und Bustenhalter
    Wr gern ein kleines Mdchen
    So wie mein Onkel Walter

    Er fllt die Bume, tragt Stockelschuh
    Und Strumpf und Bustenhalter...?

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family that lives far away. Now that they are gone, it continues on to share those memories.

Comments are welcome,but if you have a fake name, no blog and only comment on the rare occasion to criticize or offer advertising for a business I've never heard of, you go straight to SPAM.