Friday, July 6, 2012

Teaching My Fingers To Fight


Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth
my hands to war, and my fingers to fight
-Psalm 144:1

Today is as good a day as any to think about such things for I have seen hell. . . . .

. . . . . and it's Wal Mart on a Friday at 5 pm when it's 104 degrees.

I've got company coming over for supper. .  

"What's for supper B?"

"HOTR Hambush surprise?"

"huh?"

"you'll like it,  bring eye protection."

It's brutally hot across the Midwest and elsewhere. Record breaking temps across Indiana for 7 out of the last 9 days. Arm yourself, get plenty of liquids (heh), stay cool, and be safe. And while you're at it, pray for our soldiers who are putting up with this kind of heat and worse every day, in harms way and in hot, heavy gear, while we sit in relative safety with air conditioning.

 - Brigid