Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blog Meet - Shooty Weekend

The morning dawned clear and a bit cold but perfect for some fun before breakfast. The LEO range at Iggy Creek was open early, and open to the public after 9 a.m.  I was there very early, and got a chance to visit with Partner in Grime  (who brought something in .45) and set up before anyone else arrived..

Friends, shooty fun AND a blog meet, all in one weekend.  What's not to like?


There was an assortment of fun things to play with.



I do OK, able to properly perforate a piece of paper or defend against  a one eyed, one legged armed pirate (assuming Polly doesn't have a laser sight) or a zombie.


Tam ?  Now Tam is just lethal. 


The hand and arm were getting a bit tired  after a box or two of .45 but I tried a few magazines in the new Karh .40.  This is the target. The first five shots (it's a five round magazine) were all in a line through bullseye.  The rest, not so good. as my hand was hurting at this point.  This is not a "let's go plinking!" gun but those first shots from rapid, low ready would definately stop an assailant.  The rest would at least get his attention.


A great morning, but soon there's a blogmeet, so it was time for a couple of Mr. Squishies and a drive past  my pad to fetch something.


For I'm transporting a little surprise for Roberta X.

8 comments:

  1. How I envy you guys!

    And the wood box looks suspiciously like an R-C-L bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy and say hi to the folks for me... Getting on the bird for Japan in 10 minutes... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day. Much better than working...

    Tam calls herself a "mediocre pistol shooter at best", I think I would have to practice quite a bit to rise to her level of mediocrity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a grand time.

    That's a nice-looking gadget. I like the fact that it can switch from "Manual R.J." to "Automatic R.J."

    Full-auto R.J. would be a thing to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so cool to see y'all at the range! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awfully big for a TENS machine, and it seems to be calibrated in kilovolts too.....

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly, kid safe, and open to discussion, not criticism. This is my home. You can ive in yours as you wish, but this is my place.

Enjoy your time here and I hope you come away with good thoughts and memories and not needing eye bleach -)