Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Night Firefly - Timing

Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."
Mal: "Ain't we just!"
Firefly - "Safe"


  1. Oh, and why is it I always seem to run into Sig hardware among Blog friends? I have the inferiority complex going on. I don't own one =)

    1. Keads, I don't know, but may I suggest you drink the kool aid. It's oh so refreshing.

  2. Now cut her the hell down!

    /love me some browncoats

    Hi Brigid - just found your blog via AGirl and I love it. Something tells me I'm going to be a while catching up. :)

  3. Y'all see the man hangin' out of the spaceship with the really big gun?

  4. Keads - This 220 has been a great firearm. The ONLY misfeeds I've ever had in it was some truncated cone homeloads. It's reliable as all get out.

    Jeff - welcome! The early years in the archives are just where I stored the recipes. The actual posts start in late 2008.

    Alison - "Now I'm not saying you weren't easy to find but it was kinda out of our way, and he didn't want to come in the first place. Man's lookin' to kill some folk. So really, it's his will y'all should worry about thwarting."

    I know the feeling, I've had about 6 hours of quality sleep in the last 3 days, and I'm stressed and cranky. If I could hang out of a spaceship with a big gun and aim it at the bad guys I would. Today though, I'm off duty, on call, but off duty. Cold tea, roast beast of some sort on a grill and a big long nap may be in the cards if all is quiet.

  5. I love that just when I think there is no hope for people in this country you post a quote that reminds me Im not the only one with good taste in the nation... I need to rewatch the Firefly BluRays maybe tonight.

    Love the two now....need a third cause neither my 226 or 220 are really conceal carry sized.

  6. @Keads - I've owned 3 Sigs - fine machines, especially pre-2000 models.

    General Alert - Brigid is running sans sleep! Check your perimeters and batten your hatches!
    And check your six!

    (just a joke, B!)


  7. Can't ever go wrong, quoting Firefly. And remember, there's a special level of hell for those who would disturb your nap.

    A special level.

  8. For all of us who's highest calling in life is to "Muddle Through" despite everything thrown in the way:

    Simon: You had the Alliance on you... criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded, including yourself... and you're harboring known fugitives.
    Mal: We're still flying.
    Simon: That's not much.
    Mal: It's enough.


  9. "Stand back everyone, nothing here to see.
    Just imminent danger and in the middle of it me.
    Yes, Captain Hammer's here, hair blowing in the breeze.
    The day needs my saving expertise."

    I'm ruined forever with regard to Nathan Fillion.

  10. Keep calm.....AND BRING GRENADES!

    I have a P226 in 40S&W. It's beautifully made, shoots extremely well, very easy to clean, and I can't get used to the doggone trigger.
    Guess my 1911's have spoiled me......


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..