Friday, December 14, 2012

Bark the Herald Angels Sing

I always hate the drive home alone the early mornings  or evenings Barkley goes to Doggie Day Camp, missing him huffing like a demented air compressor from his harness that locks into the seatbelt. He goes several times a month, to get some activity on days I'm busy late, or overnight if duty requires an unexpected all nighter.  On planned stretches, he stays with those that are his extended family, by blood or by bond.

He loves it though,  lots of attention, outside playtime and a frozen treat and dog "cookies" before he goes to sleep on his own dog bed. It's almost as much fun as staying at home.


No!Do NOT eat the Wookie!  Wookie BAD! Cookie GOOD!

So when I had to drop him off (he doesn't even look back, he's so excited, OK, miss you too!) I was missing him already, his company being part of my routine.  But I know he will have such a good time and I had to smile at their Christmas tree with the pet ornaments.

I expect during all his fun, he will get into his usual good natured mischief which they love to take pictures of and post on their wall and website though (some of which I've posted here before).

So when I saw the angel topper on their Christmas tree, I somehow figured Barkley was NOT the model.

Have a Safe and Wonderful Christmas Season.  You all are friends and family, in so many ways.

Love - Brigid and Barkley

21 comments:

Old NFO said...

And to you, yours, and Barkley... :-)

Murphy's Law said...

Best Christmas wishes to both of you from both of us.

Keads said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope it is wonderful!

AussieAlaskan said...

Enjoy your holidays!

AussieAlaskan said...

Enjoy your holidays!

Rev. Paul said...

Merry Christmas, B. May it be your best one ever!

JC said...

Wookie good, cookie better. No flossing needed with cookie.
Bless you darlin', and Barkley too!

Keads said...

So how do Huck and Barkley get along? Inquiring minds all that....

Brigid said...

Old NFO - thanks. No telling what my schedule will be, but there will be time with friends.

Murphy's Law - you too.

AussieAlaskan - I hope you do the same, it's been unseasonably warm, no snow yet. We''ll see what Christmas brings.

Rev Paul - It will be good no matter how it plays out.

JC - Bless you as well. Cookies - always good.

Keads - Tam stays at my place when Barkley needs tending, when we visit there, he stays in the car or yard area. I think he and Huck would find a way to take over the world if left alone together.

eiaftinfo said...

Merry Christmas Ms. B. !! May it truly be a time filled with the Joy and Peace of the season.

Mike in Wa said...

"demented air compressor". Hmmm, I like that one and will steal it from time to time.

Bestest wishes for a joyous Christmas to you and yours. May the New Year bring only pleasant surprises.

73 Mike in WA ( & Semper Fi, too)

Middleboro Jones said...

Merry Christmas to all back in the USA from the Afghan Sandbox. Christmas will be here for this year (planned that way at the start of the gig). I have gotten many good wishes and will miss being back home in Southeastern Massachusetts where Christmas is an exciting time.

Best wishes to all there - We will hunker down here with the troops and make as much "merry" as we are allowed.

Santa knows where to find the good boys & girls here so we will see what his elves have prepared for us....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all at HOTR.

Roscoe said...

The influence of "The Far Side" lingers on well past the strip's retirement. Aren't all dogs Dachshunds?

Don't all cows wear granny glasses?

In addition to being the "Shades of Grey" school, the university I attend is also Gary Larson's alma mater.

armedlaughing said...

Merry and Safe Christmas to you and Barkley!

gfa

naturegirl said...

Merry Christmas to you and Barkley ! I hope all here have a happy, warm, and peaceful holiday season :)

God, Gals, Guns, Grub said...

Be safe... Merry Christmas... and Barkley, enjoy your vacation too...

Dann in Ohio

A SImple Man said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

MO Bro said...

Blessings to ye and Mr. B(arkley), may the spirit of the season fill you with glee! May your encounters be merry, and your shooting be straight, and for joy in your life may you never wait!
Merry Christmas Lady B!

Brigid said...

Bill - thank you, and the best to you and the Mrs. over in Iowa.

Mike in WA - Merry Christmas to you!

Middleboro Jones - glad you are back. I'm guessing the care package never did show up. USPS is NOT what they used to be. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family again.

Dann - no vacation, I have Christmas Day off (fingers crossed) but that is it. Just catching time with friends to celebrate between rotations.

Middleboro Jones said...

Ms. B - I am still here in Afghan - This year will not be a home visit for me....Not to worry and I appreciate the effort to send the care package -we are well taken care of here -

I'll get my next break in February which is fine as I will have more R&R in April when the weather at home will be nice.

All my best to you and Sir Barkley

Andie said...

Brigid, all the best to you and your family for an excellent holiday season!