Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Scrabble'd Up

This was the "on call" week.  Sometimes we will hang out, after shift, at someone's house, passing some time as friends, not colleagues, hoping that phone doesn't go off (so the 10 hour day can be a 20 hour one).

I picked up the Scrabble game this summer.  Scrabble rules are loose.  Which is why we have DNA, ATC and Ho (hey, that word was just uttered on Law and Order SVU). And when you whitetail hunt a stones throw from Toto, Indiana the word Oz is always allowed.  But this was one of the few games where we used every single Scrabble tile, so a photo was taken.

Sleep well everyone, and I hope your phone stays silent in the wee hours of the night.

5 comments:

  1. You are there and I am here a long way off in Oklahoma but I will sleep better tonight knowing You and people like you are out there on call whatever might be. Had a jerk kick my front door in the other night but he heard my wife ask if I had my gun as I started for the front of the house, He left so fast I could not even see him let alone get a round off, hope he comes back some night when I am siting at my kitchen table in the dark. Then the police will not have to go looking for him, just pick him up off of my floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than the stray calls from Aussie land, it has... Thankfully! And I don't think I've EVER seen every tile used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My phone rang at 0550 this morning. I'm still on it at 1806 and will be for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, haven't seen that since a game long past, with my gran. She played a mean game of Scrabble and I seemed to be the only one of the grandkids who enjoyed playing as well.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..