Sunday, January 12, 2014

Frame and Fortune - Sunday Morning Cooking

I wear glasses, putting them on mostly for close up work or when I'm really tired.  The glasses do tend to wander away, and it seems I'm forever cleaning all the smudges off of them.  I'm not sure how it happens, I clean them until they're pristine and 15 minutes later, they're  totally smudged.

Picture a night in the kitchen while preparing dinner.

Partner:  I think I know how your glasses get so smudged.
Partner:  I just found them lens side down in the butter.

That might explain it.

So get out your glasses for a Sunday morning recipe, sure to keep everyone close by.
French Toast with Bacon and Maple Bourbon Butter
There would be pictures of the bacon, but it seems to have disappeared.


  1. If I die and come back as a dog, you will find me wagging my tail at your door, the smell of bacon will be my beacon. HA a bacon beacon!

  2. I've made your maple bourbon butter before....very tasty!

    I've also found my eyewear gets smudged frequently. Something about kids and dogs, says I. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

  3. You're killin' me!

    Planning pancakes this morning, myself.


  4. You've lost a little weight.

  5. A great breakfast, or any meal.

  6. That looks really, really good this morning. But then, your cooking always looks good.

    My glasses pick up the odd fingerprint dead center in the lens. I think zombies are stopping time & then schmutzing up our lenses. That's gotta be it!

  7. I think your co-worker in the first picture needs to eat more pancakes. Nothing but bones......


  8. Oh, that looks so good! Eight more weeks and we will be able to cook in our own kitchen again. :)

    Hugs from Port Canaveral,

  9. Sunnybrook Farm - Bacon Beacon - Brilliant!

    Monkeywrangler - I hadn't made this in a while, was glad I did.

    armedlaughing - with the hot water still out (hopefully plumbing project done tomorrow), it was minimal cooking supplies and paper plates. I'm glad I made an extra pizza and breads at the crash pad and brought them with me. It made for some quick, easy meals while we worked.

    idahobob - yes indeed.

    LL - It's the jacket, it's slimming.

    Rob - breakfast for dinner, one of my favorite things.

    naturegirl - I'll take that under advisement :-)

    Rev Paul - that's better than my explanations.

    Old NFO - let the bacon begin.

  10. Love your glasses, oh and Bacon. French toast made with Cranberry Sourdough from Zeppole Baking Co and your Maple Bourbon Butter is yummy!


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..