Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Book of Barkley NOOK Version is Available

is finally out!  Thank you for your patience while I honed my cursing in Gaelic skills during the publication process with the folks at Nook. 

If you do not own a Nook, and want the less expensive electronic book, you have several options below.  But,  you've been waiting because you have a Nook it's out now for less than the cost of a movie and popcorn.

Links  to order quickly:



 Click on this symbol on the webpage you get when you click on the Book of Barkley cover on the upper right sidebar (no link here). This is an e-book direct from the publisher for those that want to read if from your laptop or home computer.(note: there are free apps to read the Kindle version from your computer but the e-book version might be the easiest for someone with limited computer skills).
There's also an excerpt from the book posted this week at




  • Links on your blogroll to Book of Barkley - the Blog is much appreciated and online reviews (other than "don't quit your day job") are also much appreciated as that's my only "marketing".
  • I've also added that if you do an online review of the book at either Barnes and Noble, Amazon or your blog,  I will  add your  personal website or business link (provided it is "safe for work") on the Book of Barkley blogroll to show you as  one of his "pack". I do ask that on the sellers webpage reviews  (Barnes and Noble and Amazon) that you use my author's name L.B. Johnson rather than Brigid and don't link the blog in the review.
  • For those that want their purchased copy autographed.  Please mail the book with packing and shipping charges in cash (or Money Order made out to L.B. Johnson)tucked inside ($10 for USPS with no tracking or insurance or $15 for UPS with a tracking number and insured) to:
  • Wild Hare Enterprises
    1101 Cumberland Crossing Drive, #307
    Valparaiso, Indiana  46383

Note:  This is a friends address and I only see them once or twice a month so the turn on the copy may not be immediate. 

Thank you everyone for your continued support both on and off line and for the online feedback and positive reviews! 

10 comments:

garlicguy said...

I received print version from Amazon today- can't wait to get started - may have to order copies for family members scattered around the country...

Brigid said...

Garlicguy - excellent!

Irishdoh said...

Thank you for persevering with the Nook version. I just purchased it and like magic its now being read at my desk. Why, yes, my manager is away on business travel...

naturegirl said...

All these links to everywhere are making it so much easier to spread the word around. Thank you :)

I am behind on Barkley's blog and so very ashamed about that, ugh.

Monkeywrangler said...

My 2 Amazon copies arrived today also. They will be inbound to your receiving address to get signed when you get time.

Lois Evensen said...

I LOVE this book! We've received both copies now. The autographed copy we treasure and will keep. The other copy has been read by daughter and will be added to our AKC dog club library as soon as a couple of other friends read it.

immagikman said...

Got my Copy of the book, just have to find time to send it to you for signing :)

Fred Stein said...

I'm a hard copy person and have received the book..Brigid's way with words and her subject matter are outstanding!!

Jason said...

Got mine in the mail yesterday, looks wonderful. Will be sending it off for signing ASAP.

Andie said...

My hard copy is en route from Amazon and I have sent links to some folks for the Kindle and the Nook... cannot wait to read it!