Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hair Apparent - We All Have Those Kind of Days

I head (no pun intended) to the hair stylist about every four-five weeks as my hair grows beyond fast.   Usually, though, the visit is after a 10 hour work day, the salon being open until 9 PM. I give my regular stylist a lot of credit.  My hair is baby fine, curly (I refer to it as "free range") and well, red. I won't mention the few strands of grey and trying to match that, or I'd have to kill you.  It's the hair stylist equivalent of  juggling knives.

I went in this week for a hair cut and some "natural highlights" which involve a  transfer of cash similar to ransom, and an hour and a half with enough foil on my head to attract a number of  conspiracy theory admirers.

I also went in without lunch or dinner due to the day I had at work.

I had a ladies magazine on my lap, while, with glasses off,  as the beautiful genius that does my hair, Danielle, finished up.

Did I mention that when I hit 50 not too long ago I had to get "reading glasses"and anything a foot a way is a bit blurry?

There was a picture of soup in the magazine.  I started to get really hungry  It looked SO good and that bagel and apple and coffee at 6 a.m.were distant history. I think I drooled on the page. Someone mentioned that, looking perplexed when I said "I SO want a bowl of that."   I couldn't wait  until I was free of sculpting gel and a dryer to get home and make me some of that, the broth the succulent chicken,  some shrimp,while I curled up with a glass of expensive white wine and Bach.

Then I put my glasses on.
I'd been drooling over cat food. Friskies Fancy Feast no less.

After that,  I stopped  McDonald's for a Filet O Fish and the liquor store for bottle of white wine, just grabbing one from their "pick of the week" display as I was tired.   When I got home and tried to open it with the wine opener and I couldn't puncture the top I realized it was a twist off cap.

Filet O'Fish and McWine.

Maybe I should have just gone for the cat food.

11 comments:

  1. Isn't getting older just grand?
    :-(

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, that cat food looks nicer than some of the stuff I put on my plate for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol once again for starting my day off with a hearty laugh :)

    I know what Im sending you for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. immagikman - Chrismas? Let's see, cat food, cap snaffler, double barreled shotgun and an issue of AARP?

    ReplyDelete
  5. But -- how was the wine?
    If it's any consolation, in Italy, according to my cousins there, they're more relaxed about the "No twist-off caps for wine" rule.
    I know some people who turn their upturned noses up at wine that was bottled with the plastic or composite cork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe, yep ONE of those days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Windy - I don't remember the name, it's back in the fridge at the crash pad, but it was pretty good actually.

    Stay @ Home Gardener - thanks for visiting. I love that little piece of property you are on. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HILARIOUS! Literally laughing out loud. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROTFLMAO!
    I get it too, about the arms being too short now, and the intermittent grey. I just pull em if I find em.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..