Monday, November 3, 2014

Barkley Memories - So Easy to Please

November 25, 2012.

Barkley, you've been a good dog while I've worked some long hours and you stayed awake by my bed all night when I was so sick last weekend.  You endured doggie dental cleaning this week and the vet said you were a good boy.  Let's celebrate!  I bought you a new toy.

Now, let me go find some scissors to get it out of the packaging.  You'll like it, it's chewy and the rope things will clean tarter off your teeth.

Be right back!

"Mom, Mom, you left it all alone!  Liberals might redistribute it. Scotty could beam it up! Steven Seagal might eat it!

Quick! Mom, give it to me!"


"Sit! Stay! Dang, the whole election process has been quicker than this!"


"New Toy!!!! Thanks Mom." (tastes like chicken)


For some old and new stories and a few photos not seen before visit www.thebookofbarkley.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm home now from a weekend of hanging out with the usual suspects and a trip today that was worth the effort!

    I miss Barkley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Synergy: What happens when a good dog and a good person come together and make great times and memories. You two are a perfect example, and Abby has little idea yet how lucky that she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Keads -

    Folks I'm back from leave and go on call here shortly.

    A note for someone that sent money for an autographed BOB.

    B. in a city where there is a university who wanted one for a family member.
    I just got it today as I was away for over two weeks. I will overnight it UPS. Just a heads up in case the Birthday was well, now. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Murphy's Law - I wouldn't be where I am now, and who I am now without him. That dog changed my life is so many ways.

    Abby is home with Partner as I'm just doing 3 12's then heading back home. She's getting the routine down that sometimes Mom or Dad leave, but with the exception of trips to Dad where she stays with a good friend and her pets, that is her dog walker each day, she always has one of us around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From those pictures, I don't think that chew toy survived very long! Look at those fangs...

    Btw, did you receive the box I sent, with the cheque?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monkeywrangler - indeed I did! Thanks. I'm so glad you enjoyed all the Heidi Pop's popcorn. She's now set up for shipping for anyone that wants to call in an order while they finish up their website (they had bacon cheddar last week and jalapeno cheddar)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're killin' me again with all this popcorn talk!
    :-)

    ALWAYS great to read more stories of The Black Dog of Truth. (I suspect Abby is now wearing that mantle!)

    Great speaking with you again yesterday. Stay safe!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, yep he was one of a kind! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..