Tuesday, November 11, 2014

They Shall Grow Not Old

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
From For the Fallen by  Laurence Binyon


  1. Amen.
    Last night we shared a toast with Steakburner to the USMC for their 239th birthday. A nice splash of Makers Mark.

    To all those who serve or have served this country, I thank you all.

  2. Every time I feel old & decrepit I think about all of the guys and gals who would love to be old & decrepit.

    Thank you!


  3. Thank You seems too small a thing to say for so much given...

  4. Thanks for the remembrance Brigid.

    We went to a Marine Corps Birthday Ball last weekend, and I was deeply moved by a discreet table covered in black with a purple heart, blank dog tags... For all the fallen comrades.

    We were so deeply moved that we are dedicating a small corner of the house, that we pass by, morning and night, to those that made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, which of course means for us, for what is a country by its citizens?

    I will put these words in a frame and put it on the table as a reminder.

    Again thanks,

    Cap'n Jan


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..