Saturday, April 11, 2015

Strike While the (Waffle) Iron is Hot

Give me the treat.  give me the treat, give me the treat.


It's an abbreviated weekend,but no chores, no book to finish (cover and final galley draft approved last night so it's off to print),  not enough time off to go home for more than a night and Partner wanting to tear out the basement floor to get the check valve/sump pump installed.  So we decided it would be just a good time to just chill at the crash pad and get caught up on a good night's sleep rather than do a four hour drive on 2 hours of sleep the night before.

I had a shot of Bowmore, slept for 10 hours and woke up to a day with absolutely no obligations and no plans as my regular girls day out partner is out and about elsewhere today.

Well, no plans except to help a coworker move a bed first thing in the morning. (Yes, I am THAT friend with the truck).

Then Abby got a nice long walk,. . .

. . . . and begged for treats (she gets so mesmerized, she looks like she's stoned).

I did my every other day weight routine (slightly more effective than 12 ounce curls I've found) followed by a long soak in the tub with my favorite bath goodies (Queen Bee Naturals from St. Louis, the bath soak of which smells like milk and honey), then a late breakfast.

Cinnamon Roll Waffles.  

You can either mix up a batch of Easy Cinnamon Rolls from scratch, cutting them about 1 and 1/2 inches thick, or use the GRAND kind in the can. (Damn, I thought it was Pillsbury Garands - that was a disappointment, the first time I bought them.)
Lightly spray a waffle iron with non stick spray, plop the cinnamon roll in the middle and cook for 3 minutes, until brown.
Re-spray with non stick spray before cooking the next one(s).  Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons cream cheese, a little milk and a dash of  vanilla. Or serve with maple syrup.

Proper fuel for a afternoon of leisurely savoring some old and new favorites while curled up on the couch.


9 comments:

  1. Cinnamon roll waffles, Doctor Who, and Wallace & Gromit ... what's not to like?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan to me =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that your first time seeing "A Matter Of Loaf And Death"? Sadly, that may be the last "Wallace & Gromit" short film since Peter Sallis is currently too ill to voice Wallace, and the producers are reluctant use the backup Wallace voice actor while Sallis is still alive.

    Fortunately, Aardman isn't going away. Their next feature will see a US release date ... eventually.

    http://shaunthesheep.com/movie

    I trust you've already seen "The Pirates! Band of Misfits".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the wrong trousers Gromit, and they've gone wrong!

    We never saw the need for a waffle iron, seems just another thing we were wrong about.

    Wonderful photos as always.

    John in Philly

    ReplyDelete
  5. MUST I even say it? The waffles sound incredible!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grand daughter is a waffle freak and she'll flip out over these!!!

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such focus on the treat! She looks like she's about to go crosseyed staring at it!

    And FYI on that sump pump. If you hook up the battery backup, the amt of water it will lift on battery drops precipitously as the current falls. Ours typically lifted about 1/5 the amount on 110v. Normally not a problem, but if the power fails during a downpour, the pump probably won't keep up, and you may have to bail for a few hours...ask me how I know! DH says installing a large battery bank would prevent this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture needs to go up on here somewhere:

    https://www.facebook.com/islandjanemagazine/photos/a.148358021959291.28492.127210320740728/560424710752618/?type=1

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..