Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Shoot Out - A Day with Friends

It was a quiet Saturday at the Range.  Partner in Grime was building the shelf and frame for the farmhouse sink to attach to the wall in the kitchen so the counter that has the little sink will be able to be ALL counter when the new cabinets are put in come Spring.  
We took a it of a break for a little cowboy action shooting in the living room.
We found this at a local drug store last Christmas and had so much fun with it, I went out and found a couple more at a later date for friends.  Each target (fence, buzzard, etc) lights up in a random pattern and you have to aim and shoot at the light wiht the infrared gun.  Each successful "hit" increases your score and when the time is up and it yells "yee haw!" at you, you're done. It's not as easy at it looks, you have to be dead accurate to score.



video
Turn you sound way up for the banjo music that plays while you shoot.

As we're going to round three, I get a  message - it was Og!   He and Mrs. Og were in the city and wanted to stop and spend some time with us.

"Abby - you're going to see one of your favorite ladies!"
zzzzz

They're here.

Abby (otherwise known to Mrs. Og as "Princess Wondercoat")  gets pets from Og and his wife.

Abby just LOVES Mrs. O.
Right there . yes. . .THERE.
Stealth dog detects lunch pizza.  Hmmm. . do they see me? Can I snag a piece without anyone noticing..
MMM. Pizza.  The pizza place they brought the pizza from is a little unassuming looking hole in the wall you'd not likely even think of stopping at but they have great thin crust pizza and Italian beef sandwiches.

I can't honestly remember the last time I ate a "chain" pizza.
It was good to catch up, with much laughter, engineering puns and stories of family and friends.

Too soon it was time for them to head home as we resumed the household work.
"Before you go - I bought you two a little something."

We waved as they headed out chuckling as to the exchange.

Og:  "I'm going to put that in the bathroom!  I can mount it on the wall and hit it from the john".

Mrs. O. - "You are NOT going to put that in the bathroom!  We have ONE bathroom.  I'll NEVER get in there."

They were laughing, as we were, as they drove off.
Our house is small, but it seems smaller when friends have gone, only the echo of their laughter remaining.



8 comments:

  1. Now there's infrared bullet holes all over the background, and all kinds of plastering to do.

    Glad you had social distraction from your home improvements.

    Rich in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the house is coming together nicely! And friends ARE a welcome 'distraction' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think cowboys shot modified Weaver! :-)
    And pizza! Why'd it have to be pizza?!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a rare and wonderful treat to share a meal with you, and to play with the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You know, this is probably illegal in Cook County."

    LMAO! And if you let kids play with it, DCFS will have the cops haul you in for child abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get the pizza? I know most of the places around, but I'm always up for trying a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ron F - it's right by our house which is why I didn't post it. It's a tiny little ma and pa place. If you have my email drop me a line and I'll send it to you Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..