Sunday, October 4, 2015

Neither dogs nor the daring live forever,
but the guarded never live at all.

- Brigid


  1. Oh so true, and worth thinking about! "We" have been out and about, so our perspective is a bit different than those 'guarded' ones...

  2. Brigid,

    A wise lady once said to my sister and I when I was but a pup myself, and I was covered in mud, and an embarrassment to my older sister, " A man's has to eat a peck of dirt before he dies."

    I have tried every day of my life to eat dirt. To do that you have to get your hands dirty, not care if you eat a carrot fresh from the garden without washing it, step off the beaten path, and get out and live. I have also found that my life is richer for reading inspiring words from people like you.

    I got my nickname in high school football, after the Charles Shultz character. I tended to get dirtier than anyone else. I added my uniform number just for fun.

    Have a safe and wonderful week and try and eat some dirt.


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..