Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Barkley, I Think, Would be Pleased

I was unable to attend the awards ceremony in Miami, not because it involved formal evening dresses and crowds, but so I could use those leave days for my Dad.  But the wonderful folks at Reader's Favorite International Book Awards mailed me my award medal, 2015 Silver in Non Fiction.

Thanks so  much to you all for the support.The Book of Barkley has been able to donate thousands of dollars to dozens of animal rescue non-profits, as well as do a $10,000 sponsor of a Search Dog Foundation rescue dog to be trained to sniff out survivors of natural disasters.

We will continue this as long as there are people that love Barkley's story and remember him.

17 comments:

  1. Impressed is such a small word. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David - I'm happy for your support and proud that you are my Father in Law.

      Delete
  2. Mega Congrats! Barkley would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! So glad the book has done well. I know how much the rescue groups you have aided appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome!!! Barkley would be proud to know how he has touched so many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so proud for you - what a wonderful recognition of talent, and so richly deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brigid,
    You are aces! Congrats to you and the memory of Barkley! You are an amazing woman and we are so blessed to read your stuff!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, well deserved and thank you for the support of those organizations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. It's a great story and well told.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barkley was s special dog and he had a special person. He'd be proud today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much deserved!! I know that somewhere, Barkley is rolling around happy at his role in it all. You have done him well...

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations, very happy for you, Brigid. thank you for writing this book, it is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stellar! I know that our house (and several other Parker establishments) are rooting for you. Barkley was a special guy and I am so glad he gets such a grand memorial!

    Cap'n Jan

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..