Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

To start the new Year a picture that just makes me smile.

My husband, Partner in Grime on the left, with my Grandmother in Law front and center efficiently blasting the heck out of a target.

Life has it's twists and turns and unexpected joys - this year and always, embrace them.


  1. Replies
    1. Happy New Year Brighid - and Dad sends his best to you. Anytime you are in the area you are welcome to stop by for a meal.

  2. Is that the grandfather in law on the right?
    And what is he about to do?
    Got to shoot a S&W .500 and an M1 Garand yesterday.
    The new year might not have started off so well had I not noticed the M1 had sqibbed.
    Original surplus ammo.
    God is good.

    1. No - that's the timekeeper. My husband's grandfather passed away many years ago. The timekeeper is holding the shot timer.

      It has a buzzer that tells you when to start, and it records the time between the buzzer and the last shot it hears and that's used for scoring. Sounds like you had fun. Happy New Year.

  3. Oops, forgot to wish all a happy new year.

  4. 'Atta girl - you GO, Granny! A Happy, Blessed New Year to all!

  5. We all very much miss Bea at the GBRs. I need to dig through my photos and see if I can find her shooting alongside Molly Smith when Molly was 14.

    Happy New Year to you and yours.


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..