Monday, February 1, 2016

Fun with Technology -

On the early morning drive home to work, leaving around 5:30 a.m. to beat the traffic (and Illinois DOT which like to leave unannounced major potholes around the city to test your reflexes) I notice a number of things. Good driving, bad cars, and advertising.  One billboard was for a Pet Cam which caught my attention with "What is YOUR pet doing during the day?"  

Most of us leave our pets at home as we work.  Some of us have dog walkers that come over, or there is a doggie door to a fenced yard so the dog can get outside. Like a baby monitor/cam, the Pet Cam can be set up with multiple cameras so can see your pet both inside and outside - with live feed  so you know they're safe.

I thought about getting one for Abby. I try and make sure there is plenty to drink and the home is pet safe, nothing toxic in reach, extra TP out of the way as Abby (like Barkley) loves to snag  the extra toilet paper roll.  But I wonder if I'd really see anything worthwhile if I got one of those "pet cams".

I'm off to work.  Let's see what the doggie cam has to say.

8 a.m.
10 a.m.
12 p.m.
2 p.m.
4 p.m.


truck pulling in driveway
I think I'm better off without the pet cam and just keeping the dog walker.  Sometimes it's better not knowing :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious! That one was laugh out loud funny! Can't wait to show Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very very true for most of our dogs, though the older ones will let the younger ones take care of the TP while they go to much on the odd slipper bit of under garments left within reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around here it would be called "Hubby cam". Regardless of the subject the images would be the same.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..