Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Founding Fathers Had it Right

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."

JAMES MADISON (Drafted Virginia Constitution, Member of Continental Congress, Virginia delegate to Constitutional Convention, named "Father of the Constitution", author of Federalist Papers, author of the Bill of Rights, Congressman from Virginia, Secretary of State, 4th President)

4 comments:

  1. Yep, and it's still the same way.

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but I also believe in the world we live in today, we need to be concerned with both! These are really scary times we live in with the mentality of many of those in power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I usually respond to Rev. Paul...
    AMEN!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  4. OT, I think you will find this cute :

    http://iotwreport.com/puppy-prays-with-owner-before-dinner/

    Irish

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..