Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Muffin with Your Morning Mauser

Since the title of this blog IS Mausers and Muffins I'd be remiss if I didn't occasionally post a muffin recipe.  Yes, I like Mausers.

Some women go shopping for shoes.

I, on the other hand. . .
This very simple muffin is my all time favorite to serve with a meal, as good with dinner as breakfast. They are very rich and buttery and the yeast gives them a nice homemade taste, even as it doesn't cause them to "rise" in the time you mix them up.

Yeast Muffins.  They were easy, on the table in 30 minutes.
Directions:

Mix 1 and 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast (half a package) 
1 cup warm water (about 110-120 degrees)
Let stand 5 minutes while you preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a small bowl mix:

2 cups self rising flour 
1 Tablespoons plus 1/2  teaspoon sugar
Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir in:

6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted (yes, I know, these are NOT diet muffins)
1 egg whisked (if you use an extra large or jumbo egg, remove about a teaspoon of the egg mixture)

Batter will be slightly lumpy 

Spoon batter into 8 lightly greased muffin tins/
Bake in preheated oven about 20-23 minutes until lightly golden

Serve with butter, honey or preserves.  And maybe a Mauser.

4 comments:

  1. Are those low cal muffins, or am I dreaming?

    Did you, perchance, happen to buy that entire crate as one batch?

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try to avoid reading these food-related posts in the evenings. Not that I don't enjoy it, mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to bring up muffins, I find myself compelled to post my favourite:
    http://barefootclown.net/content/best-muffins-ever/

    Sourdough, so you'll need a few weeks' lead time if you don't already have a starter.

    --Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, good one! And loved the interview too!

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..