Monday, September 19, 2016

Small Town Roads has Been Picked Up

My Third Book "Small Town Roads", has been picked up by a very large, well-known Christian Publishing House.  I still have some polishing work to do with my editor, so I'll continue the "favorite posts of the past" for at least the next week.

Unlike my first two books, printed through a small "vanity press" publishers, it's going to get a lot more attention, marketing and such, being available to 71,000 bookstores and libraries and not just online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble and it will be featured at a number of large Christian trade shows.

Having two books that went to #1 at Amazon, with The Book of Barkley being a featured Indie author write up in Kirkus Review (online AND print) Magazine as well as winning a major International Literary award, was a big help in pitching it to them.  I can't expect it will do that well, lightning may not strike thrice, but I hope that my long time readers will enjoy the story, and the message.

Storyline:  Rachel Raines is orphaned after putting off college to care for ailing parents.  Finally she's off to a major urban center university and the fun loving, young party girl has better things to do then go to church, even if a good student.  She inherits her only relative's tiny home in a small town in the middle of nowhere a few weeks after graduation. She wants to stay in the city, but that house is the only place she has any memories of her family, her childhood home sold to pay for medical bills, burials, and her continued education.

Armed with a Criminal Justice degree and grades that should have taken her to the FBI, she finds her self as a rookie patrol officer in a place that has no coffee shop, no single men her age and the only local restaurant has a giant plastic cow on the roof. Well, there was one single man, but he  broke their date after she arrested him.

But small town doesn't always mean safe and she's caught up in a unexpected meth lab bust, and in one moment of violence, her whole life changes, as does her look at her future and her faith.

It will be different then my previous books, fiction and obviously, a Christian theme.  But it is a subtle one, stressing the values of self reliance, working together as neighbors, and commitment to family we were raised in as opposed to being "preachy". The characters have firearms and the Constitution on their wall and I hope the ride won't be too dull.

Lord willing, it should be out by Christmas.

Dad is failing pretty quickly so I'm going to print a copy and put it in a binder and send it to him next week but he was very proud at the news.
Love - Brigid


17 comments:

  1. Congrats! Well deserved, and I can't wait to read it. Best wishes with your dad also.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hank for being such a long time reader, patient when the blog ebbs and flows when I am super busy with Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy for you from a book standpoint. I am sure your Dad will enjoy the read too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to this new book!
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great read, looking forward to it!

    Prayers for you and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray the book does well, and exceeds all expectations. Prayers for you & your dad, also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have anything that hasn't been said above, but I'm hoping for the best with your Dad.

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great news Brigid! And prayers for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iam so happy about your new book, it will be on my must have list when is available. SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May your Dad fool you, and see the movie rights sold and produced!! God bless you all, Brigid....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your dad will be in my prayers. I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! on the fiction, long awaited. No finer, more loving and courageous daughter and sister, true blue through thick and thin, an inspiration to many including me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to your new book and will send the LORD my prayers for you and your father. Love even ever more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Talk about a mixed bag...
    Prayers your and your dad's way.
    :-(

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bridgid, God bless you and your Dad. And thanks for sharing some of your blessings with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care of your Dad and please give him lots of warm hugs from all of us. He is a very special person, just like you are. Prayers and love being sent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayers to your dad and God bless you. I look forward to the new book.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..