Saturday, May 4, 2019

RIP Peter Mayhew - Actor, Animal Lover, And Barkley Supporter

Actor Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca in the Star Wars series died this last week.  I met him through a rescue dog group that The Book of Barkley contributed to that he and his wife volunteered at.  I donated because a gal friend volunteered there and I  had no idea he was part of the group.   He was kind enough to take a photo with his autographed copy of TBOB to promote the sales.

After the picture posted it went to #1 in four countries which meant a LOT of donations to animal rescue.  Bless you, Peter.  You will be missed.

3 comments:

  1. Peter Mayhew struck me as just the sort of actor I wish all actors were: a man who realized he was just dong a job (one that was very successful, of course) but never made a huge fuss about things that were not about acting, was kind to his fans, and did good work. Of all the original cast, I suspect it is his presence in the world I will miss most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reposting this to promote TBoB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy cool. Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.