To start off the vacation - corn waffles.
Good - but they're needing something. Blueberries.
BY THE WAY - MY RECIPES ARE ALL UP AS SINGLE POSTS FOR PRINTING ON MY SIDEBAR. ENJOY!
Good - but they're needing something. Blueberries.
I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.
OH man that looks good
ReplyDeleteCorn Waffles, mmmm.
ReplyDeleteSaved a recipe from one of the last dead-tree numbers of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, for corn pancakes, obviously NOT my mother's recipe, but if I get a chance...
Corn Waffles - Light and Crisp, a good base for about anything, from delicate fruit to (hold onto your arteries) fried chicken cutlets and cream gravy.
ReplyDeleteCornmeal Waffles
1 ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
5 T butter, melted and cooled OR 1/3 c vegetable oil
Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
In another bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and 3 T oil. Add to flour mixture and whisk just until combined. (Very important, do not overmix. Waffle batter should be slightly lumpy.)
Meanwhile, Preheat your waffle iron and turn your oven to 200°F.
When waffle iron is preheated, oil lightly. Spoon batter into prepared waffle iron and bake per the directions on your maker (mine is easy, green light comes on, DONE).
If you are making a bunch of these, keep in heated oven on an oven proof plate or pan until the rest are cooked. Do not butter or apply any topping until ALL of the waffles are cooked.
Mmmmmmm.....!
ReplyDeleteBrigid,
ReplyDeleteThese look fantastic! The last picture with the blueberries in the waffle is down right sinful . . . . . Forgive me Lord for I shall sin
Enjoy your time off...
ReplyDeleteHow far west? If you're ending up the high desert, look me up.
ReplyDeleteHave a great vacation! Thanks for the receipe.
ReplyDeleteOh my...and blueberries are my favorite...
ReplyDeleteWV: mylli (solo reinvent after vanilli died)
Have a splendiferous week out west, Brigid. May you find your loved ones well and happy.
ReplyDeleteI learned that, yes, one can make blueberry waffles in the waffle iron if one is willing to clean up the exploded blueberry mess. That's what I love about baking--something is bound to blow up eventually!
ReplyDeleteYour method of using the blueberries as a topping appears to be much more kitchen friendly.
Have a good time on vacation. I love the auto post feature for field time.
ReplyDeleteI just found you site over at suburbansurvival blog. I like it a lot. I think have a lot to learn from you as I am taking the rest of my gun safety course next Saturday. I too am a cook. My next book is acookbook/sustainability book. My last book is Just In Case: how to be self sufficient when the unespected happens. I write and teach on the subject of sustainability, sel sufficiency and family preparedness. So glad to find a new neighbor and looking forward to eggnog pancakes. Hope you visit at www.justincasebook.net. I have limited number of books I ma giving out to fellow preparedness bloggers if you are interested.
ReplyDeleteOh! Oh!
ReplyDeleteThat is the single best looking thing I have seen all week!
I WAS thinking of grilling a couple pork chops tonight..... now I am not so sure. Impressive.... and tantalizing.
Enjoy your vacation
ReplyDeleteWow, a week of vacation...
ReplyDeleteHope you get the rejuvination you deserve, be safe Brigid.
Enjoy the vacation!
ReplyDeleteIf West inc's TX, DO call! Trooper and I are off Sun/Mon and happy to entertain...
ReplyDeleteOmigod! Recipes in the sidebar...:::sniff::: Brings tears to my eyes. I just have to try out those recipes. Thanks for making this country tastier one recipe at a time.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, have fun, and get plenty of range time in. the mushroom
ReplyDeleteHurry home. We miss you, and so does Barkley.
ReplyDeleteChris