- 3 bulbs garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice the tops off of the garlic bulbs so that the tip of each clove is exposed.
- Place the bulbs on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until garlic is soft. Set the oven to broil.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half horizontally, and place cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze the cloves of garlic from their skins into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the butter, parsley, and Parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Spread onto the cut sides of the bread.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, until toasted.