Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sweet Dreams are Made of Cheese

Sweet dreams are made of cheese,
who am I to diss a Brie
I cheddar the world and the feta cheese
everybody's looking for Stilton
 - unknown

Six Cheese Sausage Pie.  I know quiche isn't exactly gourmet (and some would say boring) but it was a big hit at home, Partner wanting to polish it off as leftovers the next two nights rather than my freezing what was left for my lunch the next couple of days.)

Start with your favorite pie crust, enough to fill a deep dish pie plate.

Chop up one onion and saute in a little olive oil until caramelized, remove and set aside.

Fry up about half a pound of sausage to which you've  mixed 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage, drain.

In large bowl mix:
2 cups shredded four cheese Italian blend (the popular bagged kind works)
1 carton (15 ounces) Ricotta cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
4 beaten eggs
2 Tablespoons milk or cream
4 cups lightly cooked and chopped broccoli (or your favorite chopped veggies)
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
a pinch or two of sea salt  (I don't use much salt at all, you can add more)

Add the sausage mixture.

Spoon mixture into prepared unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 degrees F foe 50-55 minutes (center should be set)


13 comments:

  1. Those ingredients have to turn out good, that is a meal by it's self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol My poor plain taste in foods would leave me rather thin around your place, but it looks and (probably) smells wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe looks good save for the broccoli (DH hates broccoli). But I about died laughing from this:
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese,
    who am I to diss a Brie
    I cheddar the world and the feta cheese
    everybody's looking for Stilton
    - unknown

    I can't decide if it is funnier imagining Annie Lenox singing those lyrics, or thinking that would be the lyrics our dog Shiloh would dream up! She is the original Cheesehead Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the alternate lyrics at the top of the page !

    As always, the food looks fantastic.

    My two favorite foods, cheese and chocolate ! Nothing like an entree with cheese and then a dessert with chocolate !

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those puns! You have a whey with words . . .

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...Maybe Sunday's food prep for the next week will include a quiche...

    But you got an ear worm going in my head now, with the wrong lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lyrics will go great with tomorrow night's supper. Thank you for both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Tabasco... :-) Gives it a little 'bite' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes, that looks terrific. We like all kinds of cheese and anything made with it.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..