Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Cowboy Spaghetti




Serves six hungry ranch hands.
Note: I do not measure spices, I put them in my hand and eyeball them. These are very close approximations.

Directions:
1 package spaghetti or pasta of your choice, cooked al dente per package directions

1 jar Classico basil spaghetti sauce
1 pound ground meat (hamburger or venison)
1 tube of breakfast sausage
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 4 ounce can diced green chilies (drained).
3 small cans sliced black olives (drained)
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Penzey's Italian seasoning (or your favorite brand).
1/4 heaping teaspoon fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon fresh basil
4 cloves roasted garlic minced (or 1 generous Tablespoon of jarred minced)
1/4 heaping teaspoon white pepper
6 or 7 grinds of the tellecherry black pepper in the pepper mill
1/4 teaspoon applewood smoked salt
1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper
1 heaping Tablespoon wild honey
1/4 teaspoon
1/3 cup Merlot (I add it to the jar of spaghetti sauce and then swirl it around to get the last bits of the sauce )

Cook on high in crockpot for two hours or low for 4-6.

30 minutes before serving,stir in:
8 ounces cubed cream cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan.

Serve on hot pasta with grated smoked cheddar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly, kid safe, and open to discussion, not criticism. This is my home. You can live in yours as you wish, but this is my place.

Enjoy your time here and I hope you come away with good thoughts and memories.

Post a Comment