Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Pasta with Vodka Sauce and Prosciutto

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon butter
4 garlic cloves chopped
2 and 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes diced (about 10 ) or use equivalent amount of canned crushed tomatoes.
1/4 teaspoon salt (the prosciutto is salty, so no more, or can use less to taste)
dash or two of pepper (I used white pepper)
1/2 cup vodka (don't go cheap now, good quality vodka).
1/4 lb prosciutto, chopped or use cooked drained Italian sausage
1/2 cup FRESH basil, chopped
1/2 pint heavy cream

In a large frying/saute pan add oil, butter and garlic, saute on low flame until oil starts to bubble.

Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.Cook covered on a low flame for about 30 minutes.

Add vodka.Cook uncovered for 25 minutes. Add prosciutto or pre-cooked Italian sausage-- cook 5 more minutes.

Add basil and heavy cream-- cook just 5 more minutes.

SERVE IT WITH CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES (TRUST ME ON THAT) AND PARMESAN CHEESE ON THE SIDE.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is fantastic! I made it yesterday, and it will be going in the "terminally yummy" file. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly, kid safe, and open to discussion, not criticism. This is my home. You can live in yours as you wish, but this is my place.

Enjoy your time here and I hope you come away with good thoughts and memories.