Monday, July 17, 2006
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnut Appetizers
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 16 ounces sliced bacon
* 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; heat just to boiling. Pour sauce over bacon and water chestnuts.
3. Cut bacon slices into thirds. Cut some of the bigger water chestnuts in half. Wrap chestnuts in bacon and secure with toothpicks; place in a 9x13 pan. (if you want less mess, you can pour sauce over them now, rather than before wrapping)
4. Bake in preheated oven until bacon is completely cooked, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Posted by Brigid at 6:22 PM