- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Penzey's vanilla
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups wild blueberries
Whole wheat pastry flour is finer textured than regular. If you do not have it, sift your whole wheat flour twice to incorporate some air in it, or use half regular flour and half whole wheat. Otherwise they will be a bit too "dense"
Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. If you use slow cooking oats, pulse one cup in a blender once or twice and mix with remaining oatmeal. Mix in milk, egg, and oil; mix JUST until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix or you will have hockey pucks. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Blueberry Oatmeal muffins
Posted by Home on the Range at 5:18 PM