Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Zucchini Walnut Bars with Buttercream Frosting


3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
3 tsp vanilla (real, NOT imitation)
2 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Beat eggs, sugar and oil well. Stir in other ingredients. Bake in a 15 x 17 pan at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool.. This recipe makes a lot. Good for work or a church supper.

Frosting

1 stick butter
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cups powdered sugar.

Cream butter, cheese and vanilla until mixed, then beat in sugar until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. hey there. I couldnt find a place to contact you. I am putting together 5 cook books. 4 for my 4 daughter and one for myself. I am requesting permission to copy and print out the recipes from your website to use in those cookbooks. You can reach me at hamrheadmp@aol.com. I really enjoy your website. And I look forward to your reply! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly, kid safe, and open to discussion, not criticism. This is my home. You can live in yours as you wish, but this is my place.