Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blueberry Muffins


Blueberry Muffins
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 1/4 cups sugar
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1 pint floured blueberries, fresh or frozen (2 cups) tossing the berries with flour keeps the batter from turning light blue in spots

Preheat oven to 400.
Cream butter and sugar well. Add vanilla and eggs. Add flour, cinnamon and baking powder, stir gently! Add floured blueberries and mix until sticky, adding milk slowly to keep batter sticky.

Fill tins until heaping (this is important for tall, photogenic muffins )Bake 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am SO making those today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faced with a display of blueberries on sale at Safeway, I brought home two pints worth. After comparing recipes, I decided to try your recipe instead of Alton Browns first, mostly because yours has butter, and his uses yogurt.

    End result was 10 of the tastiest muffins that my wife or I had ever had...that makes me 5 for 5 on the recipes I have used from your site..thanks for providing them!

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family that lives far away. Now that they are gone, it continues on to share those memories.

Comments are welcome,but if you have a fake name, no blog and only comment on the rare occasion to criticize or offer advertising for a business I've never heard of, you go straight to SPAM.