A filling, colorful frittata. Perfect for a hunters breakfast, with or without bacon on the side, between slices of a dense, chewy bread for lunch or with salad for dinner.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,roasted and finely chopped
- 1 medium red potato, cut into big chunks
- 2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon Scoville Brothers Rockin Red hot sauce
- Heat the broiler on high and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Whisk eggs, 1 cup of the cheese, salt and pepperin a large bowl until eggs are smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, castiron over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add onion and garlic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Add potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until edges become tender, about 4 minutes. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 8 minutes. Add basil and stir to incorporate.
- Pour the egg mixture over vegetables and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until eggs are set around the outer inch of the pan, about 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the frittata and place under the broiler until puffed, golden, and the cheese is completely melted and lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.