Thursday, March 6, 2014


This is the truth: as from a fire aflame thousands of sparks come forth, even so from the Creator an infinity of beings have life and to him return again.
 Marcus Tullius Cicero


  1. How beautiful.

    When my youngest son died suddenly and unexpectedly I thought I would have to simply evaporate in order to be with him. Then as time passed, once in a while I see a small boy with Daniel's spark in his eyes, and oddly, these boys, whether at Wendy's or a doctor's office, always seem to seek me out to talk or sometimes if I am very lucky, to hug. (You should see the shock in their parents eyes as they seek out and hug a complete stranger !) It's in these very moments that I know that sparks of Daniel remain on Earth and that I will indeed see him again. I know this quote to be true. Maybe Daniel has already met Barkley !

  2. There is something just pretty about stuff melting and catching fire. ;)

  3. Cosmic convergence?

    First thing I saw when I opened Facebook this morning, Brigid, was another Cicero quote: "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."

  4. There is something profound about that photo and your choice of quotes. Alas I seem unable to articulate it well enough to share. But thank you...

  5. Jane - thank you for the note at home today. I do hope Barkley meets up with Daniel and your pups. He had a boy on earth, the son of a friend, and I know he misses him.

    Old AFSarge - thank you need.

    Dan - if I had a sister, I would so be introducing her to you.

    Mathew Paust - he also had that quote took about kids not obeying and everyone writing a book. Love it.

    Vic - I'm glad you liked. One of these days we'll catch up with a toast, some chocolate, and perhaps an old camera.


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..