Friday, March 14, 2014

On Love - A Barkley Photo and Quote

Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke.
- Lynda Barry


  1. As I oft respond to the good Rev. Paul...



  2. Great picture...

    For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. ~Carl Sagan

  3. What a great picture, LOL. He looks concerned that someone will try and grab that string.

    Nice to see one of those pictures again. :)

  4. I always loved that picture.

    I've got some time with Dad on the books and should have some pictures of that in a few days. For now, sleep and even a little time to write tomorrow.

    Thanks for all the little notes while I was traveling.

  5. Great pic and great quote!

    Stay safe.


  6. I'm guessing he was about two, maybe three in that pic? I remember ours at that age. Miss her...

    Safe trip and some quiet book reading time.


  7. He was a special dog indeed, and he could not have had a better human. Won the dog lottery, he did.

  8. Nice post. I want to add a quote here.
    "What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.? ~Pearl Bailey "
    Love quotes

  9. What a gorgeous boy. How lucky you are to have known him, and how lucky we are that you chose to share him with us.

  10. idahobob - thank you. Internet is spotty but it's great to be back home.

    Mac - he was about 6 there. He always looked much younger than his years, and he certainly acted it. :-)

    Old NFO - put up a link to the book, thanks for bringing me a copy when you come on out.

    Murphy's Law - even if Mom hasn't baked your brownies as promised. I should be home soon and have not forgot. :-)

    Tom best - a most excellent quote indeed. Thank you Tom.

    Jane - I wished you would have met him. I hope he and your young son Daniel are playing with a bunch of dogs as we speak.

  11. There is a picture of Barkley you posted once, that I cannot find on your blog. It was of Barkley, a head-shot only, against a jet black background, so that all you can really see are his eyes. I loved that picture...I hope you will find room in the book for it.

  12. Oh my gosh, what a great quote and a wonderful picture! Thanks for sharing.


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..