The kitchen is empty and is going to stay that way. I have a large garden tub with girly bubble bath (I looked for one that smelled like a British Sports Car or Hoppes No. 9 but had to settle for Lilac), new music, leftover ham and pineapple pizza with Sriracha sauce, a complex little beer with my name on it, Red Green and Top Gear on TV and perhaps some conversation with a friend. If one is going to spend a Friday alone, this not a bad way to do it, much work accomplished, tools and the world in order for now.
Cheers - Brigid
Enjoy your night off. I'm interested in what you think of that "Old Engine Oil".
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, relax, take care.
ReplyDeleteYour Friday night sounds fine - and the beer looks niiice.
ReplyDeleteCheers to you! Have a great night! Here is all about getting ready for the weekend classes and checking out the fork meter that just arrived Tam posted about. I am going to steal your post on finding the correct handgun post for tomorrow, OK?
ReplyDeletePlease, please, don't kill me with your brain!
Brigid,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely place! VERY...peaceful!
SWModel66
That bubble bath sure sounds good!
ReplyDeleteRest well, glad you got the work done without melting.
ReplyDeleteTop gear and Red Green - both classics.
The local snobbish library finally broke down and bought seasons 14 & 15 of top gear - guess I wasn't the only one begging for them to get it. I especially enjoyed the performance convertible big hair test.
Dear B, have a lovely weekend and enjoy.
ReplyDeleteSounds Perfect~ Have a Great Weekend.
ReplyDeleteI know it's an illusion, "No comments yet" -- but fun to pretend for a little while that I was first to say how much we admire you.
ReplyDeletemy muse said something about Rum and sailed away
ReplyDeleteThat is why I read you. Made. Of. Win.
You wild thing you!! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy... sometimes the best conversations people have are with themselves during moments of serenity...
ReplyDeleteDann in Ohio
You are SOOOOOO much tougher than me...I've never tried the Old Motor Oil Black Ale, but it sounds like something I would enjoy...in the cooler part of the year. July and August are the only two months I can rationalize drinking yellow beer. Today we hit one of my favorite brew-pubs for dinner, and I had one Scotch Ale, but had to follow it with their Honey Wheat...the Scotch was just too heavy for me with it being 93 outside...
ReplyDeleteOk what it a Srirachi sauce?, I love the bacon blue cheese cole slaw but I don't think that that sauce is near the same??
ReplyDeleteWhere do I get the ice cube mold? That is the most interesting thing in ice cubes that I have ever seen.
BG
There's worse ways to spend an evening.
ReplyDeleteI liked your Friday night...and the beer looked interesting.
ReplyDeleteTry to stay cool.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to be cutting and splitting firewood in about 3 hours.
Supposed to be a high of 80, today.
Bob
III
Music, food and booze sounds like a nice relaxing night to me! Hope the rest of your weekend is just as relaxing.
ReplyDeleteBrigid,
ReplyDeleteIs that the venerable T-39 model on your desk? Remember those flights well, going through VT-10 and VT-86 back in the 70's. Might I ask your connection to them?
MikeyB
Enjoy :-) We ALL need some downtime...
ReplyDeleteHatTrick - it was quite good, strong and dark but wickedly smooth. There was a distinct chocolate undertone and a slightly bittersweet finish. I found it at this great little liquor store that Tam and Dot and I went to. I just bought one bottle to try it. I'll probably buy more.
ReplyDeleteMrs. S. - I'm still laughing at their contest to find the right auto for a teenage boy (which included a decible test upon sneaking it into the driveway after curfew).
BG- Sriracha sauce is a thai hot sauce. It's a nice little addition to a lot of dishes. The Ice Cube mold is from thinkgeek.com.
Carteach0 - aye.
Mickey B - I'd tell you but it would have to be under the cone of silence. Pensacola, Perryville, I've hung out in some odd places :-)
Brigid,
ReplyDeleteI'll date myself and tell you residing temporarily in Glenco, GA was odd. I loved the low levels over the Okeefenokie (sp?) Swamps with nary a landmark. Sure got good at Time/Distance/Heading navigation. (GPS was unheard of and SciFi.
IFR departure out of NSF Andrews was always a clusterF&^%! Fly Safe.
MikeyB
Hope you didn't need too much of the aloe vera after everything!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good setup to relax - hope you have a great weekend!