One of the Russian translators who used to work where I do sounded exactly like Boris Badenov, so naturally the request was made for him to say "Moose and Squirrel".
At first he refused because he thought it might be some sick/dirty/profane American joke, but after we showed him a few episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle, he got it, and obliged.
In fact, he became quite a fan of the show, and was always spouting off some quote from Boris.
We never could find anybody who could do Natasha, though.
Just a quick note. Thanks everyone. I'll be busy for a bit but have some posts saved so I hope everyone will stop back, even if I'm not here to comment or post the comments frequently.
I have the Rocky and Bullwinkle set on DVD. Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. Presto!
I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.
That's funny! Did you take that photo, or did you spot it on the web somewhere?
ReplyDeleteThat. Is Awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you're running so hard, but that's a clever license plate.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself, and we'll be here when you're ready.
Drat! I was JUST going to send you that one. You're just too fast for me! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's great!
ReplyDeleteOne of the Russian translators who used to work where I do sounded exactly like Boris Badenov, so naturally the request was made for him to say "Moose and Squirrel".
At first he refused because he thought it might be some sick/dirty/profane American joke, but after we showed him a few episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle, he got it, and obliged.
In fact, he became quite a fan of the show, and was always spouting off some quote from Boris.
We never could find anybody who could do Natasha, though.
Absolutely love it !
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love it.
ReplyDeleteThat plate is hilarious. Have a safe journey.
ReplyDeleteBullwinkle and Rocky was a really good show, I like the tag.
ReplyDeleteI loved that show. Life was so much simpler then, and so was television !
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post.
Safe trip! Hurry back!
ReplyDeleteJust a quick note. Thanks everyone. I'll be busy for a bit but have some posts saved so I hope everyone will stop back, even if I'm not here to comment or post the comments frequently.
ReplyDeleteI have the Rocky and Bullwinkle set on DVD. Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. Presto!
I need sleep. . back in a day or two.
Love the plate... Be nice if you were going to get a day or two of sleep! (at least a day or two off with pay!)
ReplyDeleteOne of the best plates ever. I'm still a big fan of the squirrel. My favorite vanity plate describes my life perfectly, 2BZ2P.
ReplyDeleteSnerk... Good on!
ReplyDelete