Sunday, April 2, 2017

Small Wonders in the Mail

I am a huge fan of The Piano Guys and their music is what has upheld and uplifted me after losing my brother, as well as some intense and continuing PT after a bad fall on cement steps that tore up my right leg a couple of years back, a disabling injury that meant I had to leave field work as a federal agent that helps to find a family's closure.  That was tough to deal with on top of losing Barkley, my stepmom if 30 years (Mom died when I was in college), and my only brother, all within a short time span.

The Piano Guys have millions of fans - I'm just one. But not too long back, Jon Schmidt, the pianist, lost his only daughter in a tragic hiking accident near where Dad lives, while I was on a visit there. I couldn't join the search in rough terrain when she went missing due to my leg, but I could send some words to uphold them spiritually, when her body was found, which I did, figuring it would be lost in all the fan mail. Yesterday a small envelope came to the house addressed to my author name.  My publisher sometimes forwards stuff, so I thought it was a request for a book signing or some other promotion.  Then I noticed "TPG" and the address.

It was a hand-written thank you card from Michelle and Jon Schmidt of The Piano Guys thanking me for my words of comfort and offering me encouragement as I continue on without my own family members. Their words of "the worth of helping one person" meant so much. Nothing could have made my day brighter here in these days that precede the anniversary of my beloved brother's death on Good Friday.

God is good.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that they have found peace and are able to share it with others.

    I find this cover so uplifting!

    Though I'll likely never get to Scotland, this piece has also inspired me to check out old castles next time I'm in Eastern Europe. Last time it was cathedrals, next time castles. :)

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.