My husband stayed home as with Lorelei Lab being a new rescue we didn't both want to suddenly leave for a week, especially after he'd been gone two+ weeks overseas for business.
It was a nice week though as much as I missed them all. I was able to get Dad out for a couple of "road trips" with a family member or my friend BJ Miller (the other "Brigid" on the gun blogs) to help him in and out of the car (I can't with my meniscus free knee). He loves her company so we were so thankful she could take some time out to visit with us.
So for today, as I catch up with chores and sleep, some funny Tweets from people who think about their dogs like I do.
Glad you home safe, also glad the move went well. My parents are in assisted living in Arizona. Tough transition at first but they love it now as they are so well taken care of. Love the tweets!
ReplyDeleteI am grateful your father has settled in well. This is an area we are now having to explore.
ReplyDeletenever heard most of these - good job! :)
ReplyDeleteDogs ARE children... Unlike cats...
ReplyDeleteMy dad is 89.
ReplyDeleteAssisted Living means I talked him out of running a Ditch-Witch to put in the gas and electrical lines for his new whole house generator due for delivery this week.
His spirit is willing, but his body is held together with titanium plates, screws, high tech plastics and cussedness. Too many bales bucked, horses wrecked , cars wrecked, and years of construction work.
Now to find a handyman who meets his standards (not gonna happen).
.
Dad had to have his last border collie put down about six months ago.
He said he won't get another, because it is too hard to lose them.
Bad call.
A pup could have outlived him.
BJ Miller and I frequented the same range back before she went north. I never got to meet her, but followed her at her blog and doing Assisted Living with her dad. I will have to check in and see how the PNW is treating her.
You are both an inspiration in filial responsibility.