Sunday, August 1, 2021

Sunday Home on the Range Book Roundup


For my book-loving friends, I'm adding a weekly review of a book I've enjoyed.  I've been blessed to be friends both on and off social media with so many gifted writers, J.L. Curtis, Peter and Dorothy Grant (both brilliant writers), Katie Andraski, Lawdog, John L. Moore (his superlative new piece The Blue Man will be highlighted next week), and so many others.  

But I'd like to introduce authors you may not have read yet.  I love a good thriller and police procedural type book.  Some I just shake my head at, given my background (they did WHAT to the crime scene?) and others are so over the top implausible I might as well read science fiction.  

This is an author I met through a writer's group, a former police officer with a series involving law enforcement "across the pond" that is deeply engaging and his newest book is no exception.  I won't give anything away, but this is a haunting book, in that you almost wish the killer gets away with it until a line is crossed.  Whatever your personal opinion of their motivations the words will stay with you, creating an image etched upon your eyelids for you to see every time you blink. I'd recommend reading it with the lights on.  


Amazon book link


Book Blurb

You've done a bad thing. You will pay the price.

Alice Granger is no ordinary survivor. She has a tale to tell, a story of revenge.

Alice feels driven to protect the innocent from dangerous men. Men like her father. Men who hurt children. Predators who prey on the innocent. And there’s nothing Alice won’t do to make them pay.

Alice wants to make them suffer as their victims did. But the police are one step behind. And as the net closes, Alice’s life spirals out of control, the lines between good and evil becoming ever more blurred as she attempts to escape capture.

When the hunted becomes the hunter, is anyone innocent?


Author Bio
John Nicholl, an ex-police officer, social worker and lecturer, is the award-winning, Amazon bestselling author of 11 darkly psychological suspense thrillers. John’s books are set in the UK and have a Welsh flavour. He began writing after leaving his job heading up child protection services.

John's English language books are published by leading crime and thriller publisher - Bloodhound Books - part of American company - Open Road Integrated Media (OR/M).

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recommendation Brigid. I am always looking for good authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, thanks! Picked up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I offer an author(s), a mother & son team, who write under the name of Charles Todd. The stories are based on a Scotland Yard detective who plies his trade just after the 1st World War.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful writers. I've read several from their two series.

      Delete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.