So, for my readers over 50 (including my good friend Guffaw in AZ) who may remember a show from the 60's about a dophin,(and those younger who saw it in syndication) my apology for the earworm.
He's got her slipper, slipper, faster than lightning,
Now you can see, he's smarter than she
And we know slipper, is dropped in a blunder
to lie there-under, under the TV
Now you can see, he's smarter than she
And we know slipper, is dropped in a blunder
to lie there-under, under the TV
Everyone loves the king of the fleas,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when footwear appears
And how they give chase when he's near!
He's got her slipper, slipper, faster than lightning,
now you can see, he's smarter than she
And we know slipper, is dropped in a blunder
to lie there-under, under the TV!
Good one!
ReplyDeleteThose of us not over 50 remember Flipper from syndication too.
Yes us oldsters remember flipper and your song fits the tune. Our dog did that when a puppy but has no interest in messing with things that don't run through the high grass.
ReplyDeleteCute! Yes, I remember Flipper! Morgan loves to chew shoes so, after ruining 3 pair of expensive, perfectly good shoes, I've learned to leave them out of reach.
ReplyDeleteI think Barkley's a ham. He knows the camera loves him.
ReplyDeleterolls eyes
ReplyDeleteSure. Set me up with an earworm.
ReplyDeleteTWICE!
gfa
Bravo! But now I can't stop humming that insipid song!
ReplyDeleteHat Trick - you are right, it was on for years.
ReplyDeleteSunnybrook Farm - other than paper products Barkley doesn't destroy anything, he just wants to carry it around in his mouth while you chase him (the earlier, colder, and less clothes you have mananged to get on in the morning, the better it seems)
Sherry - my last lab treated shoes as the appetizer prior to whatever hat was lying around. And then they look so CUTE when you catch them.
Rob - I know, I couldn't resist.
armedlaughing - thanks for the phone call so we could catch up! (now don't be going and trying any of the herring/single malt matches the old fellow at the liquor store recommended, stick with the dark chocolate).
Yucch!
ReplyDeleteBelieve me, I shan't...
I'm not a seafood kinda guy, and 'preserved', even more so!
Just finished Scotch and dark chocolate. A better idea.
gfa
Very funny loved the reminder of Flipper....it drove out that damn Gilligan's Island song that was in my head ;)
ReplyDelete