“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 12
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
“When you’re a kid, they tell you it’s all… Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that’s it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It’s so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.”
— Elton Pope, Season 2, Episode 10.
“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
— The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
—The Doctor, Season 7, Christmas Special
“There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive… wormhole refractors… You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.”
— The Doctor, Season 6, Episode 6
And one of my favorites:
ReplyDelete"Nine hundred years of time and space, and I've never met anyone who wasn't important."
-- Season 6, Christmas Special
That is a wonderful quote Joe.
Delete"On pain of death no one take a selfie."
ReplyDeleteThe Doctor, "Hell Bent", Season 7 finale
(I lost track of how many great lines came out of Capaldi's mouth in that one.)
Sometimes the most profound truths come from the minds of brilliant writers (e.g., Douglas Adams et al) yet are spoken by fictional characters. Of course, I choose to pretend that the Doctor is real; it makes life a bit easier to endure, some days.
ReplyDeleteOK, I'll bite - what is that in the pics???
ReplyDeleteMerle
I'm pretty sure those were from a display of aircraft engines in the museum in Oshkosh from a couple of years ago.
DeleteYou mean there was supposed to be a plan???
ReplyDeleteI was going to ask if that was a Continental opposed six!
ReplyDelete