I think I'm finally on the mend. I've been taking probiotics to heal the gut after 60 days of antibiotics (Young Living Life 9) and can now keep food down. It's been a really rough 8 months. Had there not been the COVID outbreak I would have been in the hospital at the first signs of an issue, treated and probably released a week later. But 3 months of "virtual"(known as useless) doctors that misdiagnosed me meant two subsequent hospital visits and months of antibiotics. Not being able to eat was an issue - I lost a bunch of weight and ending up falling not long ago (just weak) and busting the back of my head hard (no stitches but lots of blood). It's NOT been a good year. But I'm feeling better every day and I'm forever grateful for a husband that made me soup and stuff I could get down every night.
Ate a whole Shake and Bake pork chop last night that Partner in Grime made. Score!!!
Hope to be back to writing soon.
Please do check out my short story in this anthology of short stories published this month. Feedback is appreciated!. The Kindle is only 99 cents and the paperback only $5.99 (It's not a lengthy book but I'm proud to be in it). https://www.amazon.com/Writer-Shed-Stories-Vol-Sacrifice/dp/B08L8NGDDX/26-a1cd-4e7b-87a0-a2ffae3a273c

Hi B, going through some similar issues, doing another round of Antibiotics at home via a Pick line yeee haaa :( Anyway it is Cryptogenic liver failure that is the root cause never did anything to hurt my liver *sigh* I know I was supposed to call a while ago but Hospital stays and the daily grind of just trying to stay alive :P Has been making me weak as a kitten with no real energy to do much. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I Promise Ill try to call next week.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back. 2020 is one we'd rather all forget, but thankfully, almost over.
ReplyDeleteSafe-and happy-turkey, pork chop or whatever.
Happy to hear you've made the turn. Keep the faith.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are finally closing in on healthy.
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear you're doing better, Brigid. My Sweet Little Wife picked up a staph infection from an emergency appendectomy, and had the same thing happen from the massive load of antibiotics they gave her. Killed all the good bacteria in her digestive tract, and then c. diff moved in. Took her several YEARS to get back to normal.
ReplyDeleteHope you heal much faster!
I was really quite glad to see a post from you in my RSS, and hope you continue to feel better and better during your recovery!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. It's a good time of year to be finally healthy. Take Care.
ReplyDeleteI am not as glad as you are that you are on the mend, but I am glad God has answered prayer.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to hear you are on the mend. Best wishes for the holidays.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're finally on the upswing. My prayers are with you for the continued recovery, and may you both have a fantastic Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're finally improving. My prayers are with you for your continued recovery, and may you both have a fantastic Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteGlad to read you are continuing to improve!
ReplyDeletegreat news!
ReplyDeleteGlad tidings! Hope you are well and truly on the mend, it's been a tough year for you. Sounds like Partner in Grime is loaded with awesomeness!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're feeling better. You are loved, and not just for your writing. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're finally on the mend! We've missed your writing!
ReplyDeleteMissed you too. Michigan family all doing fine. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear you have been down most of the year. 2020 has been a horrid year all around. I am glad you are on the mend. I wish you well and hope you are fully recovered for Christmas. Take care
ReplyDelete.
So sorry to hear of your travails, and glad that you're finally on the mend. Keep it up. We love you out here.
ReplyDeleteJust checking in.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are improving.
Partner In Grime deserves and attaboy, but I would have thought one of your signature recipes would have been on the menu.
Sounds like he is doing "bachelor cooking".
At least it is not Swanson's Hungry Man from my bachelor days!
I once read that after forty if you wake up and don't hurt somewhere it means you are dead.
I selfishly hope you hurt less, so you can write more.
Seriously, get well and have some fun with those who love you and get to a riverbank with a fly rod or a cornfield with your old 16 gauge.
Build some more memories to enjoy while sitting in your rocking chair on the porch with Partner In Grime.
Youth is truly wasted on the young.
Hope things are continuing to improve, prayers!
ReplyDeleteHope things are continuing to improve, prayers!
ReplyDelete