My right knee is swollen up like a politician's ego, and hurts like a ($#@ because on top of that, Abby Lab gave a good yank on the leash trying to light out after a rabbit and tweaked what little is left in my knee pretty good.
I just called my trainer to tell her the weight session might be put off tomorrow for a hot time with an ice pack.
I'll be back tomorrow.

Ouch...I'm missing the medial meniscus in my right knee, so I understand your pain. However newer research shows that rest and ice are not as good for healing as once thought.
ReplyDeleteAn article on it for you here. http://physicaltherapyweb.com/paradigm-shifts-use-ice-nsaids-post-acute-soft-tissue-injuries-part-1-2/
Thanks for that - a hot bath with epsom salts (and a large glass of wine) helped some.
DeleteHad my left knee done in '82. It needs it again. But a large glass of wine is the best medical advise ever! And it DOES work! :o)
ReplyDeleteI wish a knee replacement would help. The joint's fine, I'm just missing a good chunk of the support structure and that can't be replaced. Wine at least helped me sleep. Back to lunch!
DeleteI wish a knee replacement would help. The joint's fine, I'm just missing a good chunk of the support structure and that can't be replaced. Wine at least helped me sleep. Back to lunch!
DeleteSorry to hear!
ReplyDeleteI've memories of being 50 pounds lighter (and 33 years younger!) and taking office stairs two-at-a-time.
Today, walking is often a challenge.
Don't confuse the Epsom salts and the wine - wine is tough to get out of porcelain and drinking the salts will keep you in the loo longer! :-)
gfa
I feel your pain, but the wine helps. Ow.
ReplyDeleteI was always told "chile today, but hot tamale". Guess a lot of folks thought that was cutesy.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling a bit better.
Merle
Maybe we both need this...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24592390
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better. My knees went south at fifty. Have to watch how I walk, lift and twist. Sometimes just walking is a chore. I don't think the knees are suppose to crunch when you walk though. Sorta sound like broken glass. Can't wait to see what 60 brings:)
ReplyDeleteSwimming. Great exercise that spares the joints.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that, I hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteThanks my friends - I alternated cold and hot and Beebalm muscle cream. I skipped my 90 minutes workout I do on Thursdays and rested it. It's much better today and I was able to get down the stairs to do a load of laundry.
ReplyDelete