Some women go shopping for shoes.
I, on the other hand. . .
This very simple muffin is my all time favorite to serve with a meal, as good with dinner as breakfast. They are very rich and buttery and the yeast gives them a nice homemade taste, even as it doesn't cause them to "rise" in the time you mix them up.
Yeast Muffins. They were easy, on the table in 30 minutes.
Mix 1 and 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast (half a package)
1 cup warm water (about 110-120 degrees)
In a small bowl mix:
2 cups self rising flour
1 Tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted (yes, I know, these are NOT diet muffins)
1 egg whisked (if you use an extra large or jumbo egg, remove about a teaspoon of the egg mixture)
Batter will be slightly lumpy
Spoon batter into 8 lightly greased muffin tins/
Bake in preheated oven about 20-23 minutes until lightly golden
Serve with butter, honey or preserves. And maybe a Mauser.

Are those low cal muffins, or am I dreaming?
ReplyDeleteDid you, perchance, happen to buy that entire crate as one batch?
Merle
I must try to avoid reading these food-related posts in the evenings. Not that I don't enjoy it, mind.
ReplyDeleteIf you're going to bring up muffins, I find myself compelled to post my favourite:
ReplyDeletehttp://barefootclown.net/content/best-muffins-ever/
Sourdough, so you'll need a few weeks' lead time if you don't already have a starter.
--Dave
LOL, good one! And loved the interview too!
ReplyDelete