Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Father Effect

A quick note before I start work. I don't know if any of you here have seen the film "The Father Effect" It premiered on the Global Catholic Television Network back in December of 2016 and went viral. By Director John Finch, who lost his Dad to suicide at age 11, it chronicles the effects fathers have on our lives. Not just for men, it also shows the perspective of women who missed their father's influence & love in their lives. The film is here at http://thefathereffect.com/. But why I'm writing - Mr.Finch reached out to me through my publisher when the film came out and asked me to write something original (as opposed to an excerpt from one of my books) for their outreach program "Encouraging Dads" webpage. "Encouraging Dad's" is an outreach from the film with its own website. My story, of my Dad and a special bond we had when my Mom was battling terminal cancer, was published last year, and for those of you who weren't on Facebook to see the link, you can click on it below.

Brigid

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for reposting this. I had never been able to find it, though I knew it had been published. It brings back memories with my own father, now long gone these past nine years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They wanted a piece that wasn't live on another site. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Such bittersweet memories....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Merle. But Dad is all hope and light this week as it's March Madness!! (he is a certified sports nut).

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this and the link. You give great honor to your Dad. He is obviously a fine man and passed along a great treasure to you and your brother, that you now continue to pass along to a very large extended family. Blessings on you this Easter and always.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.