I found this online site (Zazzle) where I could create my own author business cards from scratch. I have limited photo editing skills but it was fairly easy to use, and later I made different ones for Small Town Roads and Calexit - The Anthology as they were different genres.
I had to do the Kirkus Review blurb. I was told NOT to submit my book to them as "They HATE Indie authors and will savage it" from more than one source, including the publisher. They loved it, featuring it in their dead tree magazine (only a small number of their web reviews make it to the printed magazine) and making me a front-page featured Indie author on their webpage. Score.
I thought the cards turned out fairly nice and they were quite inexpensive so I used the same website again to try to create a unique card for my hubby who had a birthday this last week. I try and make sure he has a nice birthday though there are some rumors around the house that I'm a cheapskate with the wrapping material.
But at least there was red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and dark chocolate mini chips.
So I think he had a good day.
The big Three Six - I told him if he made any comments about being old, dinner was going to be gruel. But back to the DIY birthday card from Zazzle.
Partner in Grime is a mechanical engineer so the front was fun to see, but let's just say I didn't read all the instructions. The result was a lot funnier than anything I could have added.



Ooooo....red velvet cake. My love of which I don't understand because it's not chocolate cake...
ReplyDeleteTHAT is hilarious. I'll be honest, it took me a second or two, ha!!
ReplyDeleteHippo Birdie to him, and the card looks GOOD!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to come over for a slice of that amazing looking cake please xo
ReplyDeleteFranny and Danny - I posted the recipe on facebook (it actually uses a cake mix with some "extra" ingredients). If you want it let me know.
DeleteLove the card. As an Engineer I am going to have to steal that graphic. . . .
ReplyDeleteI couldn't resist. And it is SO true.
DeleteSince my pending birthday is the reverse of your Hubby's, I'll just say that personalized text is optional, after all.
ReplyDeleteMay your birthday be a fun one as well. It was funny this morning - he was up early for a meeting and was rolling out as I woke up. He looked at me and said "I know your secret", with a stern look (he'd spent the night at a church men's meeting leaving me alone last night). He then grinned and said "chocolate Twinkies wrapper and gossip magazine on the couch". Busted!
DeleteLOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteI stole the engineer / coffee pic to send to a couple of M.E. relatives.
ReplyDeleteThanks
You are most welcome! My favorite uncle was an Aerospace Engineer (worked on the 767 project) that started out as my major then Boeing laid off about 3000 so I did a major change to something more employable at the time.
Delete